Since 1965, Lizardos Engineering Associates, P.C. has been dedicated to the delivery of engineering excellence for our clients through a consistent commitment to innovation, professional service, sustainable design and the enduring operation of our completed projects. This unshakable approach has resulted in Lizardos' leadership position in mechanical and electrical engineering, and a services offering that best describes Lizardos as engineering evolved.
It begins with our partners. Every project is led by a firm partner - beginning, to end and long after completion - uncommon in the industry.
- Lizardos is managed by 8 partners, each a registered professional engineer.
- Lizardos' partners are collectively registered in over 25 states and Puerto Rico.
Lizardos features a staff of engineers and designers and LEEDTM Accredited Professionals.
Lizardos engineers and designers deliver a complete range of mechanical and electrical engineering services including:
- Condition Assessment to Programming
- Master Planning
- Feasibility Studies
- Conceptual Planning
- Detailed Design
- Preparation of Contract Drawings and Specifications
- Cost Estimating
- Construction Administration
MEP Building Modeling
Lizardos has pioneered the use of Autodesk's AutoCAD MEP software:
- AutoCAD MEP is an AutoCAD-based software application specifically developed to enable mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering firms to realize their ideas in building systems design and construction.
- AutoCAD MEP results in increased project design, coordination, profitability and document quality.
- Using AutoCAD MEP, Lizardos communicates more efficiently with both clients and architects.
In addition, Lizardos has developed a custom-written, sophisticated in-house document management system that efficiently saves, retrieves and archives documents. This system eliminates human error and increases the efficiency of our constantly evolving database.
Lizardos Stands Behind Its Promise
We believe that when you're serious enough to request a proposal, we owe it to you to provide as detailed and as complete an RFP as possible. That means we leverage our extensive experience to develop a proposal that will help you meet your challenges in the most cost-efficient manner possible and to anticipate all possibilities so that there's no need for "scope of project" budget changes in the RFP later. The result is Lizardos has a "no surprises" approach to RFPs so what you are quoted before works begins is what you will be billed at your project's conclusion.
Lizardos Stands Behind Its Work.
We only know one way to approach every project - we're going to do it right and we're going to do the right thing for you before, during and after the project has been completed
- We have a reputation for doing it right the first time.
- We will always resolve any issues with any Lizardos project, even long after completion and extensive use.
- The Partner that led the team on your project will most likely still be at Lizardos long after the completion of your project to help you resolve any issue, quickly and efficiently.
Lizardos has extensive experience in a broad range of industries, buildings and facilities including:
- Hospital Health Care Facilities
- Commercial Buildings
- Education - Collegiate
- Education - K-12
- Senior Housing
Lizardos was founded in 1965 to fill a need in the New York Tri-State area for superior mechanical and electrical engineering services. It was our intention to solve engineering challenges with innovative and cost efficient solutions, and provide our clients with highly personalized service from one of the firm’s partners.
With a staff of just five, we quickly gained a reputation for delivering innovative and comprehensive engineering solutions on schedule that left no room for budgetary “surprises“. In addition, our clients found us receptive to new ideas, easy to work with and through referrals from satisfied clients, our firm’s growth accelerated. In fact, historically, Lizardos’ success has not been measured by projects but by its clients – over 85% of our current projects are from previous clients – and our tradition of building relationships continues.
We began operations at our headquarters in Mineola, NY and on our 40th anniversary in 2005, we opened our office in New York City to provide better service to the increasing number of our New York, New Jersey and national based clients.
Today, Lizardos employs more than 85 professionals and support staff and continues its more than 42 year tradition of leadership and innovation in mechanical and electrical engineering. Nowhere is that more apparent than the upgrade of our AutoCAD design software to Autodesk Building Systems as part of our ongoing commitment to find ways to increase the efficiency of the engineering process to benefit our clients.
2007 marks the year that Lizardos takes another leap forward with a new look to our brand and an even greater commitment to do what we do best – provide cost efficient and innovative engineering solutions that will exceed your expectations.